Wednesday, April 2, 2014

KNORR

I lived in a house in San Juan,
where fifteen brothers lived as a family of one.
For three weeks we enjoyed the company of each other;
with lively spirits and God-centered characters.

I lived in a house in a very different way,
Quite intriguing, but all of them still chose to stay.
Possessing unique traits and personalities – 
a maybe hard-to-fit jigsaw puzzle pieces.

I lived in a house where the Lord resides,
His peace, fellowship and love, there abide. 
These fifteen brothers, all of them rare;
These fifteen brothers, never failed to show they care…

***

I start with POLI, whose story I’m in awe and I would bow:
hearing it lifts my spirit up and just makes me say: “Lord, can I just die now?”

With BERT – I see selfless service, great leadership and genuine humility;
And I can hear the sincerity if his funny expressions: “Ay, sorry…”, “Ay, grabe!”

To SAM, whose gentle and well-founded spirit I have seen,
has inspired me to be more consistent, which I have never been.

JHAO: the humble executive-slash-master chef; you showed true service in every single way.
Thanks Bro, for taking us around the world in twenty-two days!

To RAP, whose talents and gifts he willingly shared and showed.
Truly a proof that when we’re blessed, we give Him back the glory we owed.

PIT’s endurance, hard work and great service I give applause;
A true servant’s heart and brotherly love is its core cause.

MAC’s faith-driven words and experiences is what he have offered,
that makes me thirst for more and say: “Ano pa, Bro. Ano pa?” – that I’ll remember.

DOC IAN, kudos to your unfailing service, great advices, wisdom and offering help freely.
How I wish by the coming weeks, going to work, I can still say: “Doc Eee, isama mo kami…”

NALD’s dedication and solid industry reminds me to give my best in everything I do.
One thing’s for sure I wouldn’t do, though, “’pag gising ko, hindi na Night Prayer, Bro!”

MON’s willingness, jokes and great enthusiasm never did come into depletion,
Malayo na ang narating mo Bro, lagpas na sa Vito Crustacean!

Sensible humor, deep-rooted faith and sincerity, is what I’ve seen in CARLO;
Never will I hesitate to give thanks to you Bro and say: “salamat sa pag-aasikaso..”

CHARD’s apparent transformation will always inspire us to be in awe of what God has done,
I bet no one will now ever say: “Bahala kayo dyan…”

PAUL’s dedication and radical faith inspired me to be more God-focused,
Just like his ingenious strategies while playing Sequence and Blockus!

To CHAN, whose willingness and desires, I’ll honor him for, because it’s just.
Thanks Bro, for the company, at sa libreng pamasahe sa bus!

***

These are the brothers I’ve lived with in San Juan
– the Lord’s selfless servants, courageous soldiers and faithful sons.
I enjoyed every jamming sessions, sharing, meals and worship with all of you:
Pwede bang magrequest na mag-extend pa tayo?

You all truly magnify God’s presence and love.
He sees your intentions and authentic heart from high above.
I pray that you may still be engulfed by God’s power;
to serve, love, support and honor one another.

One last thing to remember, though,
If asked: “masarap ba ‘yan?”, then answer: “Syempre, may Knorr yan Bro!”
But when asked what’s behind my being a man of His honor, I will answer:
“I’ve lived in a house with brothers, we titled ourselves KNORR…”

No comments:

Post a Comment